Design Your Life 2.0 is a live* four-week class designed to help scrapbookers master and apply graphic design principles to create classic, well-designed layouts. Design is the key to great looking pages and it can be studied, learned and added to your tool box of scrapbooking skills.
Through our weekly video lectures and assignments, I’ll share pages from my years as a scrapbooker that demonstrate the reasons why they work and how design works on multiple levels to create beautiful, meaningful layouts.
Design is not a new-fangled crafty trend! This class is designed to immerse you in the study of timeless, classic principles of design. It doesn’t matter if your style isn’t the same as mine. Design doesn’t care if you’re shabby chic or the most minimal memory keeper on the block. It has parameters and rules and when you study them and apply them, the result is better looking pages.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- 25 video lessons
- 8 layered templates (in both 8.5 x 11 and 12 x 12) for class assignments for use on either hybrid or digital pages (a $27 standalone value)
- Digital cut files and fussy cut files for use with class assignments
- Printable PDF elements to complete all layout assignments (no Photoshop needed!)
- Color theory summaries of all class assignment samples
- Immediate access to the Welcome Lesson including a 15-minute Welcome video + handout
- Step-by-step beginner level instructional videos in Photoshop Elements to help in the hybrid completion of the assignments
- PDF handouts recapping all weekly course concepts, assignments and step-by-step digital instruction
- Assignment sketches with all measurements in both 8.5 x 11 and 12 x 12
- Lesson specific supply lists with links to what I am using
- Email access to me for questions and support
- An invitation to join our DYL 2.0 Facebook community, where I will be interacting with students on a daily basis (Mondays through Fridays)
- Social media and blog buttons for our class
- An exclusive 10% discount code to use at Simon Says Stamp during class period dates (one-time purchase only)
WHAT YOU’LL MAKE:
- 8 single page layouts, either in 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12 that demonstrate the design principles in each weekly lesson
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How balance, repetition, unity, space, emphasis/contrast and typography contribute to successful page design
- Digital tips and tricks on each weekly assignment for using Photoshop Elements to complete your hybrid pages
- How to see a layout with a critical eye and identify what is or is not working
Click here for the general class supply list.
These supplies are very basic! I encourage you to use what you have on hand for this class. Design isn’t about a particular product!
CLASS BEGINS ON APRIL 5 at 8 a.m. CST. A new lesson will be added for the following three Thursdays at the same time, and the live portion of the class will end on May 2 at midnight. You will retain access to all of the course materials.
HYBRID OR DIGITAL
I provide digital files for both hybrid and digital scrapbookers. My digital step-by-step instruction features Photoshop Elements 13. If you’d like to try out Photoshop Elements, you can download a 30-day free trial here.
Please note: you do NOT have to be a digital or hybrid scrapbooker to take this course, but to take full advantage of the materials, using Photoshop Elements will enhance your student experience.
Registration for DYL 2.0 will close on April 12th at midnight. Note: if you are a Design Your Life album from the Big Picture Classes era, please email me for a special alumni discount offer. You must provide some form of proof of purchase (a photo of one of your layouts from class will suffice!)
$45.00 $40.00 (class launch special)
Scroll to bottom of this page to purchase!
LAYOUTS WE’RE MAKING IN THIS CLASS
Here are the sneak peeks of the eight layouts we are making in this class. I have included sketches for every assignment in both 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11. All of my layouts are hybrid pages in that I used my computer and other tools to complete each layout. You are not required to use your computer for any of the assignments! You can use whatever scrapbook supplies you have on hand to complete the layouts. No assignment in this class requires any photo larger than a 4 x 6 print. The layouts with “HELLO” in the title use free fonts and are fully customizable. The only template title that is not customizable is the Time Flies layout and the “hello’ script on the Hello Senior page. You can create any theme you like for your pages, or work with the themes I am suggesting. Any questions on these templates/designs, email me and I’m happy to answer. These layouts will help to put the weekly concepts into practice.
*LIVE E-COURSES AT CZ CLASSES
A live course is a course that runs during a set time period. You do not need to be in a certain place at a given time. You will access the content on a weekly basis as you are able. There is a fixed registration period and once it closes, you will not be able to join the class in progress. I will be actively involved daily in answering your questions, as well as being involved in the closed class Facebook group. Only members of the group can see what is shared. Each Thursday at 8 a.m. CST during the run of the course, there will be a new classroom with the new lessons and assignments for the week. The live portion of the course ends on May 2,2018. After the close date, I will not be participating in the course Facebook group, but will be available to answer your questions as needed.
As with every class here at CZ Classes, I offer a money back guarantee. If you’re not happy with the class, I will refund your purchase. I stand behind every class I offer and want you to have the best experience possible!
Registration for the spring run of Design Your Life 2.0 will close on April 12 at midnight.
00_DYL2.0 SP18 Promo Price