Scrapbook Your Year is a self-paced e-course that is designed to take the crap out of a year-long album project. I’m going show you how to document your year one month at a time in a way that streamlines the creative process. It looks like this: Four pages. 30 photos or less. Two hours tops. Do this 12 times over the course of one year and at the end of that year, you’ll have the files to create a gorgeous album of your life.
Scrapbook Your Year is my method to creating a highlight reel of memories. No, this class is not designed to help you save every last story from your life. No, this class won’t tell you what kinds of photos to take. It will show you how I have taken the concept of a year-long project and simplified it from end to end. I adore scrapbooking, but I also believe that we don’t have to capture it all to do it well with heart and real style. Whether you create a traditional pocket page scrapbook or a printed and bound digital book, you can take this method and apply it to any year with the same stellar results. It doesn’t matter where you are in the year, either. My system will get you organized and most importantly, get you scrapbooking your year and keep you going every month.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Three hours of video instruction, combining both inspirational content and step-by-step process videos
- Instant access to all lessons in a self-paced format
- A real-time look at how I create my monthly pages and how I make decisions regarding what photos and stories to include
- 11 layered Photoshop templates (12 x 12) to use as a base for building your digital book (including title page and book covers)
- BONUS: class templates in 8.5 x 11 sizes, as well.
- Instruction on how to create multiple layout options using the base templates to create your own page templates.
- A 20-page handout covering all course instruction.
- Step-by-step beginner level instructional videos for using Photoshop Elements
- All class cards in layered PSD formats for full customization
- All class cards in JPEG formats for digital scrapbooking
- All class cards in printable PDF format (black and white only) designed for students who are traditional pocket page scrapbookers
- A set of class PNGs
- Email access to me for questions and support
- An invitation to join our exclusive Scrapbook Your Year closed Facebook community where I will be participating in an ongoing basis
WHAT YOU’LL MAKE:
- A 12 x 12 (or 8.5 x 11) album, either digital or traditional, that documents your year (see digital page sample pages below). You can apply my method to any year you’d like to document, present or past.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to organize your photo library, regardless of what software you are using, to set yourself up for optimum productivity
- How to organize all of your production files for a successful year-long project
- How to apply my CRAP (Cull, Review, Add, Print) Process to your own workflow
- How to work with layered digital templates
- How to let go of the need to save it all and create a record of life you will truly love
Click here for the class supply list.
This class is designed for both digital and traditional scrapbookers. My system applies to both types of scrapbookers. That said, the bulk of this course’s step-by-step album process is geared towards those memory keepers who are creating pages with a bound and printed book as the end goal.
BUT WHAT IF…
I have a full version of Photoshop? You can still take this class! The processes are virtually the same and you can email me with any questions if you get stuck. I will be teaching the class using PSE 13. You can download a 30-day free trial of PSE 14 here.
Registration is open all year long.
A PREVIEW OF LESSON ONE
IS THIS CLASS JUST FOR DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKERS?
The short answer is no. That said, while I will be showing you how I create digital pages with the end goal of creating a bound, printed book, the overall goal of this class is to show you the way I approach choosing photos and stories to save. This process has changed the way I look at how I scrapbook a complete year and I ain’t gonna lie: I love doing it this way. However, if you are a traditional pocket page scrapbooker, my CRAP method (yep, you’ll learn more about that in the workshop!) will help you create an album with the same ease and focus. My method for organization and choosing photos applies to any method of scrapbooking. The course includes printable card files (in black and white only) that require no Photoshop whatsoever! If you have any questions about whether this class is a good fit for you, email me today!
DO YOU COVER HOW TO HANDLE MEMORABILIA?
The short answer is only on a very surface level. You should know up front that memorabilia is NOT a part of my process. If there are things I really want to save, I either take photo of them, or stick ’em in a storage box. That’s it. I have become much more sentimental about stories and less so about things.
WHAT DO THE TEMPLATE DESIGNS LOOK LIKE?
Here is a quick look at a few of my finished pages. There is a core group of designs, plus some optional designs, but all feature the same wide margins. Why so wide? Including white space lends an elegance to the pages, as well as allows for different types of binding, depending on where you get your final book printed. The templates include the month titles and journal blocks. You can also add in a number of filler cards, which are part of the class digital package. I’m also going to show you how to customize and alter the class templates to create completely new looks to suit your needs. Note: the margins of the class templates match my Life Basics Minimal 12 x 12 collection exactly. If you own these templates, you can mix them into your album.
Note: The course includes a bonus set of 15 layered PSD templates in 8.5 x 11. They are close to the designs you see below, but of course, do not match exactly. The key title and journal elements are included in these letter-sized templates.
HOW EXPENSIVE ARE PRINTED, BOUND BOOKS?
It varies. For the past two years, I have printed my books at AdoramaPix.com. The first year, I spent roughly $225 on my final book, which had 72 pages. In 2015, with fewer pages (60), I spent $182. In 2016, with 52 pages, I spent $149. Different companies have different rates and it really does vary. If you were to do four pages per month, plus your title page, the projected cost at AdoramaPix.com would be starting at approximately $150. Other printers may have higher or lower rates. You can always share questions in our closed Facebook group and bounce ideas off of other students.
If you have any questions about this course, email me today and I’m happy to answer! There is no wrong or right time to jump in and start Scrapbooking Your Year!
Scrapbook Your Year